Bras – they’re part of our lives, just as our breasts are part of our bodies. Some of you out there are small-breasted and can wear those sexy, seductive pieces of cloth that look pretty and fit well. Then there are some of us who are more generously endowed and we need something that will fit comfortably and hold us up well. Studies have shown that 80% of women are wearing the wrong size bra. Wearing a bra that is uncomfortable and makes you look saggy and droopy makes you look old and feel old, and that’s not what being a youthful, juicy naturally beautiful woman is about. We’re all about feeling good and looking good!
Choosing a bra can be as daunting as choosing the right college or career or soulmate! There’s nothing sexy about pulling and pushing your breasts and bras to get rid of those straps digging into your shoulders or adjusting the fat hanging over your back.
Here are some signs that you’re wearing a bra that doesn’t fit well:
- Your cups spilleth over.
- The back of your bra rides up.
- Tight straps that hurt and give you indentations or red marks on your shoulders.
- The cups ripple and dimple indicating they’re too small.
- Saggy or droopy breasts.
- Straps that slip and slide off.
- Uncomfortable underwires.
- According to Susan Nethero, a bra expert that Oprah loves — Back fat doesn’t necessarily mean your bra is too small. It actually means your bra is too big! Change to a smaller band size bra that rides lower on your back and that will eliminate the dreaded back fat.
One thing you can do to make your breasts look a bit more perky is to sit and stand up tall and straight. Good posture is one of the most important ways to look young and vital.
Then walk tall to the nearest department store and go to the bra department. Most lingerie departments, especially in higher end stores, will give you a free bra fitting. Even if you have to pay a few dollars, it’s a great investment. You’ll be surprised at the change in the number and the change in your look and feel. Being beautiful (and comfortable) is worth it!