Tomorrow morning when you wake up and have a cup of coffee, don’t throw away those grounds – put them on your face!
Too much coffee isn’t great for your natural health, but a little bit of coffee on your face is great for your natural beauty. Coffee works as a vasoconstrictor on your face and helps to tighten up your skin and get rid of those puffy under eye bags that can make you look older than your years.
You can re-use and recycle those coffee grounds easily by adding a little bit of a pure almond or extra virgin olive or coconut oil to a handful of grounds and exfoliating your skin while you’re in the shower.
For a bit of a fancier, more spa-like treatment, add milk and honey to a Coffee Skin Facial -
- 4 TBL. of ground coffee, preferably the organic kind
- 1/4 C. whole milk
- 1 TBL. honey (see H is for Honey)
- Mix the ingredients together to make a smooth paste
- Apply the paste to your face with a gentle circular massage, rubbing it in to increase circulation
- Cover everything even the under eyes, but avoid the tender area just around the eyes and on the lips.
- Leave it on for 15- 20 minutes, rinse off with warm water, and apply your favorite natural moisturizer!
A cuppa joe can help faces to glow!