OK – You’ve decided that you need to diet. So go ahead and do it. But do it sensibly. Do it right. Do it so that you maintain your natural health, because no matter what the number on the scale says, or the size on the back of your pants, if you’re not healthy it doesn’t matter!
If you’re ready to take the plunge and see the numbers plunge downward to a healthy weight, then follow these steps to sensible dieting:
- Drink lots of water – Drinking adequate water is the key to natural health. It will also keep you full and flowing. Please see D is for Drink Water – How Much is Enough
- Don’t starve yourself – You can’t be healthy when you’re tired and drained from not eating enough. Keep your body fueled from the time you get up until you’re ready to relax and wind down at night.
- Don’t rush, eat mindfully – Savor each bite with all of your senses and you will see that you eat less (see M is for Mindful Eating)
- Don’t just sit there – do move – Losing weight means calories in and calories out by burning them up. In order to lose it successfully, you need more of the latter and less of the former!
- Don’t give up – You can do it. Just keep on going. If you made a mistake and fell off the weight wagon yesterday, just get back up and make today a good day!
- Don’t follow fad diets – Eating sensibly is the way to be naturally healthy and maintain a healthy weight. Don’t follow trends, be a trend setter by eating nutritionally sound foods.
- Don’t eat when you’re bored – Mindless eating does count! Eating a bag of chips without thinking does count. Sometimes eating is just a way to fill a hole that would rather be filled with love and passion and life. Write in your journal if you’re bored, instead of just stuffing food into your mouth.
- Do pay attention to portion size – Size does matter, even if it’s diet food! Pay Attention to the Plate!
- Do eat your fruits and vegetables – Your mother was right. Fruits and vegetables are good for you. They are full of vitamins, minerals, fiber. They’re pretty and they’ll keep you satisfied and healthy!
- Do eat good fats – Fats are necessary to nourish your brain. Good fats are necessary to keep you healthy. Avoid the bad ones. Eat the goods ones – like coconut oil.
Weight loss is possible! Ideal weight can be reached! You can pay attention to how much you weigh and pay attention to your natural health at the same time!
I know you can Do it!