Winning at weight loss is possible if you follow a few simple rules!
- Water – drink lots of it! – Drinking plenty of good fresh water is one of the most important keys to natural health. Water in will help with weight out by moving everything along. It will also keep you feeling fuller longer. Please see D is for Drink Water – How Much is Enough
- Don’t just sit there doing nothing – get up off your chair and move – less calories coming in and more calories burning off is how you lose weight! Get up and dance. Learn a new sport. Walk around the block. Just do something, anything that requires movement.
- Don’t starve yourself – Keep your body filled up with nutrition and energy from the time you get up until you’re ready to wind down at night You can’t be naturally healthy when you’re tired and drained from starving yourself .
- Don’t rush, eat mindfully – Make eating a meditation of nutrition and natural health. Pay attention to each bite and savor every morsel (see )
- Don’t give up – Like the little engine that could, so can you. Just keep on keeping on and you will see results. If you fall off the weight wagon, pick yourself, dust yourself off and start all over again!
- · Don’t follow fad diets – Eating grapefruit or hot dogs only may make a dent on the scale, but it will make a dent in your natural health also. Don’t be a follower, be a trend setter and eat healthy to lose weight.
- Don’t eat when you’re bored (or tired or angry or anything but hungry!)– Mindless eating is still eating! Eating a bag of chips without thinking does count. Fill your life with meaning and purpose, instead of just filling your mouth with needless food.
- Do pay attention to the size of your portions – Quantity does matter, even if it’s something called “diet food” ! See previous post – Pay Attention to the Plate!
- Do eat those healthy fruits and vegetables – Fruits and vegetables really are good for you. They are full of everything you need to be naturally healthy – vitamins, minerals, fiber. And when you’re naturally healthy, you’re naturally beautiful!