Dry Hair – That’s my problem. Too much sun, too much heat, too many split ends, broken, damaged hair.
Don’t despair – we have natural beauty tips for dry hair that will leave you looking and feeling beautiful
Avocado – Mash up a ripe avocado and massage the pulp into your hair. Cover with a shower cap and leave on for 20 minutes. Or go to sleep with the shower cap on. Shampoo with a gentle product and let your hair dry naturally. Smooth!
Oils – Almond, Jojoba, Olive, Shea — Any of these natural oils can be applied to your hair for 20 minutes (I like overnight) and washed out in the morning for lustrous, shiny locks.
Mayonnaise – works wonders for dry hair – with or without avocado mixed in. Same procedure as above.
EGGS, OIL & VINEGAR DEEP CONDITIONING TREATMENT FOR DRY HAIR
2 TBL. healthy natural oil (see list above)
1 tsp. vinegar.
Mix together, massage into hair and comb through for even distribution. Cover with a shower cap and leave on for 20 minutes. Shampoo with gentle product.
Other tips for treating dry hair:
1. Don’t wash too often. Washing can dry hair.
2. Look for products without Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Ammonium Laureth Sulfate.
3. Go easy on using appliances for drying or straightening. Every once in a while, let your hair dry naturally (you might even find a new look!)
4. Have your split ends trimmed. They tend to make your hair look drier.
5. Don’t brush your hair while wet – use a wide toothed comb instead.
6. Drink lots of water. Dehydration is a common factor in dry hair.
7. Eat lots of good healthy food rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants (hey, isn’t that the natural health cure for everything?!!!!)