Photo courtesy of fotosearch.com
Putting a few drops of a luscious essential oil with or without a handful of bath salts (Epsom or Dead Sea work just fine) can add a lot to your natural beauty regime.
5 top benefits of an aromatherapy bath:
1. Relaxation – Put a few drops of lavender oil (start with 5, add a little more but no more than 15) under the tap as the water is running.
2. Soothes aching muscles – Lavender or marjoram can soak away the pain in your joints and muscles.
3. May improve the circulation – invigorating essential oils like rosemary or eucalyptus can wake you up and energize you.
4. Smooth out rough, callused feet – bath salts can be used for exfoliating dead skin.
5. Can relieve skin dryness when a few drops of natural oil like almond or grapeseed are added to the bath prior to soaking.