U can Use a lot of what U have on hand for unusual uses for your natural health and your natural beauty. We all have toothpaste, right? Well, it’s not just for brushing your teeth. Toothpaste is a great way to fill in the holes in your walls or to take the sting out of insect bites. Toothpaste also works great on drying out pimples and will remove yellow stains from your nails!
Here are 25 or more tips for unusual uses for everyday items:
- Olive oil can be used to moisturize your cuticles, remove eye makeup and unstick a zipper.
- Cut a tennis ball in half and make earphones out of them – cutting down on noise can cut down on stress!
- Vinegar can make your sweaters fluffier. Pour a few capfuls of it into the rinse cycle and your cardigans will feel soft and lush.
- Vinegar also adjusts the pH levels in your hair which will degrease oily hair. Shampoo. Rinse with a ¼ cup of vinegar, and rinse again.
- Baking soda has a multitude of unusual uses. You can use it as a deodorant under your arms to absorb odor.
- Baking soda can be made into a paste to exfoliate your skin. 3 parts baking soda to one part water. Gently massage with circular motion and rinse.
- Baking soda rubbed into a wet scalp controls dandruff. And baking soda can ease the pain of indigestion (1/2 tsp. BS in 1 cup of water).
- Lemons have Lots of uses. Use it for your natural beauty when you need to lighten up ugly age spots. Put lemon juice directly on the spots for 15 minutes. Rinse with water. Repeat daily until the spots are spotless.
- Lemons can be made into a natural hair spray! Cut up a lemon and boil it in two cups of water, reducing the liquid to half. Cool and put in a spray bottle. Lemon spray keeps your hair in place and smelling fresh.
- Looking to smooth out your lips and get rid of the dry, flaky skin there? Use the sticky side of clear scotch tape. Or apply a little piece of clear tape to your nail to test the color of nail polish and then remove it!
- Got marshmallows left over from a camping trip? Use them in between your toes for a pedicure.
- Vaseline – perfect for waylaying color disasters on your skin when you’re dyeing your hair or polishing your nails. Just apply around the perimeter of your nails or scalp and wipe away any drips and drabs.
- Yogurt is one of our “go to bests” for natural health and beauty. (See previous post - Yogurt – On You, in You, and All Over You) Today’s tip is cooling off burns with yogurt – burn your forehead with a curling iron? No problem! Put some yogurt on it to speed up healing.
- Need a little more room in your pants after a binge? While you’re dieting and exercising and drinking more water to lose the weight, you can expand your pants with a rubber band attached to your waist button, put through the buttonhole and secured on the other side.
- Spoons are very handy! Especially if you want to curl your lashes. Cup the spoon over your closed eye as close to the lash line as you can. With one of the fingers on the other hand, press your lashes using the outer edge of the spoon and hold. Voila, curly lashes!