It’s 3:00 PM and your body is starting to get tired and your eyes are beginning to close and you’re feeling depleted and drained. This may very well be caused by what you’ve eaten or not eaten during the day and it’s why you’re tired so darn early. Many people who feel tired in the afternoon hours haven’t eaten breakfast – and I, In My Humble Opinion, breakfast is probably the most important meal of the whole day! When you get up in the morning and eat a power-packed breakfast, full of protein and complex carbohydrates and a little bit of healthy fat, you can go on for a couple of energy-filled hours you need to get things done, have a little bit of fun, get some life-sustaining exercise and still have extra energy you need to get you — UNTIL YOU’RE READY TO EAT LUNCH! That’s right, you will have much more consistent energy if you keep eating little bits of healthy food throughout the day – keeping your blood sugar levels constant, and maintaining high energy levels all day.
Certain foods give you more energy than others, so keep these on your daily menu for extra energy and oomph! -
- Chia seeds
- Green Tea
- Low fat dairy products
- Citrus Fruit
- Whole grains
- Sweet potatoes
To keep naturally healthy and also to keep your body and skin looking and feeling young, keep eating the right foods and don’t forget to eat. Skipping meals will make your blood sugar levels dip and dive and your energy will falter and your eyelids will droop. Not a naturally beautiful sight for women or men! Eat well and you will stay lively and vibrant all day long. For a mid-meal pick-me-up, carry a small bag of almonds with you wherever you go. And don’t forget that the very first rule of natural beauty and natural health is – Keep yourself hydrated with lots of good clean water!
Posted in Anti-aging, Diet, Healthy Senior Women, Natural Health
Tagged Beauty, Breakfast, diet, eat for energy, energy, foods for energy, health, women
Bras – they’re part of our lives, just as our breasts are part of our bodies. Some of you out there are small-breasted and can wear those sexy, seductive pieces of cloth that look pretty and fit well. Then there are some of us who are more generously endowed and we need something that will fit comfortably and hold us up well. Studies have shown that 80% of women are wearing the wrong size bra. Wearing a bra that is uncomfortable and makes you look saggy and droopy makes you look old and feel old, and that’s not what being a youthful, juicy naturally beautiful woman is about. We’re all about feeling good and looking good!
Choosing a bra can be as daunting as choosing the right college or career or soulmate! There’s nothing sexy about pulling and pushing your breasts and bras to get rid of those straps digging into your shoulders or adjusting the fat hanging over your back.
Here are some signs that you’re wearing a bra that doesn’t fit well:
- Your cups spilleth over.
- The back of your bra rides up.
- Tight straps that hurt and give you indentations or red marks on your shoulders.
- The cups ripple and dimple indicating they’re too small.
- Saggy or droopy breasts.
- Straps that slip and slide off.
- Uncomfortable underwires.
- According to Susan Nethero, a bra expert that Oprah loves — Back fat doesn’t necessarily mean your bra is too small. It actually means your bra is too big! Change to a smaller band size bra that rides lower on your back and that will eliminate the dreaded back fat.
One thing you can do to make your breasts look a bit more perky is to sit and stand up tall and straight. Good posture is one of the most important ways to look young and vital.
Then walk tall to the nearest department store and go to the bra department. Most lingerie departments, especially in higher end stores, will give you a free bra fitting. Even if you have to pay a few dollars, it’s a great investment. You’ll be surprised at the change in the number and the change in your look and feel. Being beautiful (and comfortable) is worth it!
“Youth is a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children.” George Bernard Shaw.
So maybe you’ve got a little silver on your head and a few wrinkles on your face, but when you get up in the morning you still feel like you’re only twenty-one. Join the crowd! We naturally beautiful and healthy senior women keep looking youthful for longer and longer. But, we still feel tortured and put upon by the commercials and ads that play into the youthful culture and say that beauty is in the face of youth and once you’re old, you’re done.
But think about those wrinkles and how you got them. Life hands you a lot — and the longer you live, the more time we experience the pull of gravity. That’s got nothing to do with “ugly.” Quite the contrary, it’s a beautiful sign of having loved, served, lived; of having all kinds of experiences, good and bad.
Young people are in for some great big surprises as they live their lives. Remember when you danced naked and wildly at Woodstock with flowers in your hair? Remember how we thought this was the best time of our lives, and it would never get better? Would you really want to turn back the clock? Would you want to have to be young and have to start all over again? Think about that. Aren’t a few wrinkles and a few gray hairs worth it?
We grow wise and we grow older. We get more hair on our faces and less hair in other places. Now the only time you see 3 AM is when you can’t get to sleep. You’d dance all night, but your feet hurt and your back aches. You can go without sex, but not without your reading glasses. Your favorite song is now playing in elevators.
You can’t stop the clock, but you can change your attitude. As Bette Davis said, “Old age ain’t no place for sissies!”
Winning at weight loss is possible if you follow a few simple rules!
- Water – drink lots of it! – Drinking plenty of good fresh water is one of the most important keys to natural health. Water in will help with weight out by moving everything along. It will also keep you feeling fuller longer. Please see D is for Drink Water – How Much is Enough
- Don’t just sit there doing nothing – get up off your chair and move – less calories coming in and more calories burning off is how you lose weight! Get up and dance. Learn a new sport. Walk around the block. Just do something, anything that requires movement.
- Don’t starve yourself – Keep your body filled up with nutrition and energy from the time you get up until you’re ready to wind down at night You can’t be naturally healthy when you’re tired and drained from starving yourself .
- Don’t rush, eat mindfully – Make eating a meditation of nutrition and natural health. Pay attention to each bite and savor every morsel (see )
- Don’t give up – Like the little engine that could, so can you. Just keep on keeping on and you will see results. If you fall off the weight wagon, pick yourself, dust yourself off and start all over again!
- · Don’t follow fad diets – Eating grapefruit or hot dogs only may make a dent on the scale, but it will make a dent in your natural health also. Don’t be a follower, be a trend setter and eat healthy to lose weight.
- Don’t eat when you’re bored (or tired or angry or anything but hungry!)– Mindless eating is still eating! Eating a bag of chips without thinking does count. Fill your life with meaning and purpose, instead of just filling your mouth with needless food.
- Do pay attention to the size of your portions – Quantity does matter, even if it’s something called “diet food” ! See previous post – Pay Attention to the Plate!
- Do eat those healthy fruits and vegetables – Fruits and vegetables really are good for you. They are full of everything you need to be naturally healthy – vitamins, minerals, fiber. And when you’re naturally healthy, you’re naturally beautiful!
Kissing your way to natural beauty and natural health! What a great idea.
Kissing tells the brain to release endorphins just like other physical activities. These hormones help the body to relax and reduce stress. Oxytocin is also released when you’re smooching – and that’s the “trust” hormone that bonds mothers to babies and makes women fall in love.
Want to lose some weight – well try some kissing! Puckering up and lip smacking burns up to 6 calories a minute, which isn’t all that much unless you keep kissing all night long. At 120 to 360 calories burned off per hour, it’s better than not eating that piece of chocolate.
And that’s not all the exercise you get when kissing. A kiss uses 30 facial muscles and tightens up your cheeks. It brings more circulation to your face and that means more rosy color in your cheeks. And kissing plump up your lips. So kissing is like pampering yourself with a great facial.
Kissing is good for the heart because it increases the flow of adrenaline and makes the heart beat faster and the blood pump stronger.
And speaking of hearts — Kissing can open your heart to feel the love between you and a beloved (or even a potential beloved). A great kiss can be the beginning of an adventure of a lifetime.
A good kiss is a great foundation for love. No matter how long you and your loved one have been together, kissing remains an important part of any relationship. Research has shown that partners who kiss each other goodbye every day increase their lifespan by five years. As one man so wisely once put it, “When my wife kisses me, it’s like she’s telling me, ‘I love you’ without words
Need more reasons? Nah, it’s good for your natural health and for you natural beauty – so just go ahead and pucker up! Muchas smoochas to you!