It’s 3:00 PM and your body is starting to get tired and your eyes are beginning to close and you’re feeling depleted and drained. This may very well be caused by what you’ve eaten or not eaten during the day and it’s why you’re tired so darn early. Many people who feel tired in the afternoon hours haven’t eaten breakfast – and I, In My Humble Opinion, breakfast is probably the most important meal of the whole day! When you get up in the morning and eat a power-packed breakfast, full of protein and complex carbohydrates and a little bit of healthy fat, you can go on for a couple of energy-filled hours you need to get things done, have a little bit of fun, get some life-sustaining exercise and still have extra energy you need to get you — UNTIL YOU’RE READY TO EAT LUNCH! That’s right, you will have much more consistent energy if you keep eating little bits of healthy food throughout the day – keeping your blood sugar levels constant, and maintaining high energy levels all day.
Certain foods give you more energy than others, so keep these on your daily menu for extra energy and oomph! -
- Chia seeds
- Green Tea
- Low fat dairy products
- Citrus Fruit
- Whole grains
- Sweet potatoes
To keep naturally healthy and also to keep your body and skin looking and feeling young, keep eating the right foods and don’t forget to eat. Skipping meals will make your blood sugar levels dip and dive and your energy will falter and your eyelids will droop. Not a naturally beautiful sight for women or men! Eat well and you will stay lively and vibrant all day long. For a mid-meal pick-me-up, carry a small bag of almonds with you wherever you go. And don’t forget that the very first rule of natural beauty and natural health is – Keep yourself hydrated with lots of good clean water!
Posted in Anti-aging, Diet, Healthy Senior Women, Natural Health
Tagged Beauty, Breakfast, diet, eat for energy, energy, foods for energy, health, women
Eat Eggs for Natural Health
Poor old misunderstood eggs are in again! You can eat them and not be worried about your natural health being compromised. If you eat eggs sensibly (and I hope you’ll eat everything sensibly and in moderation, they won’t raise your cholesterol. Now don’t get me wrong, eggs are high in cholesterol. The average egg contains 212 milligrams, however only a tiny amount of that cholesterol from the egg actually passes into the blood.
If you’re looking to be healthy, and of course I know you are, what you need to watch out for are saturated and trans fats in your diet, as they are so much more unhealthy and really do adversely increase the amount of cholesterol in your blood – boo!
Eggs, on the other hand, are a great source of protein, with about 5.5 grams of it per little egg. Eggs also have selenium, Vitamin D, and Vitamin B12, as well as choline, which is very important for gene regulation, brain function, and heart health. Eggs contain those super phytochemicals such as lutein and zeaxanthin, which are carotenoids that help to reduce the risk of age-related eye diseases like cataracts and macular degeneration.
Eating breakfast is one of the most important ways not only to keep up your natural health, but also to help you lose weight. So why not get up in the morning and eat a healthy egg!
Weight Loss Tips for Natural Health
It’s the beginning of a new year and everyone’s thinking about weight loss. Well, not everyone maybe, but a lot of you out there. Whether you want to lose 50 pounds and start the year off with a whole new look, or you just want to lose those nasty 5 pounds you’ve been dealing with forever – there are smart things to do to make the process easier.
1. Relax. You can do it. The more positive you are about achieving the results, the more probable your success. Remember Henry Ford’s wise words – “If you think you can or you think you can’t do something, you’re probably right!”
2. Keep a journal of what you’re eating every day for a week or two before you begin your diet. This is the best way to determine where your problems are, or where you need to pay attention. If you don’t know how you eat, how can you change what you eat?
3. Never, ever skip breakfast. It’s the most important meal of the day. It gets your body going. It is called “break fast” for a reason – you’ve been fasting all night, and now you need food. Eat a breakfast full of protein, a little bit of fat to nourish your brain, and some carbohydrates to get your energy levels up for the rest of your fabulous day. (See previous posts – B is for Breakfast the Meal for Champions)
Stay tuned for more Wise Words of Wisdom for Weight Loss
JUMP!!!! Jump for Joy! Jump Start your Wellness Now!
Today is the first day of the rest of your life. So start now! Start to get healthy. Start to lose weight. Start to love yourself. Just Jump!
Need some helpful tips to get started -
1. Drink some more water. Water helps to get everything moving inside of you and then get it moving out of you! Water is the number one key to natural health – see previous post – D is for Drink Water – #1 Key to Natural Health.
2. Keep track of what you’re eating. Keep a journal of all the food and all the beverages you drink. That way you’ll know exactly where you need to pay attention. Nobody has to see your Food Journal – it’s just for your eyes alone, so don’t cheat. Every little bite counts!
3. Get some exercise. If you haven’t been exercising at all, take a walk around the block. Get started. A great way to get some fun exercise into your life is to jump – jump on a mini-trampoline, jump rope, just jump!
4. Add some fiber into your diet. Fiber helps to maintain healthy cholesterol levels, helps to keep your blood sugar levels even, and helps to push all you eat out!
5. Switch from white to brown. White sugar and white flour are empty calories. Change to brown rice, whole grain flour, whole grains like quinoa, millet and barley! Full of nutrients and a better way to eat.
6. Eat some breakfast. Jump start your day with a powerful breakfast full of protein and carbohydrates – yup, I said “eat carbs!” The good kind – Fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains all give you the energy you’ll need to get through this wonderful day!
7. Pay attention to portions. Too much of a good thing (diet foods) is still too much!
Eat Energy Foods for Natural health
It’s 2:00 in the afternoon and your head is starting to droop and your eyes are starting to close and you’re feeling drained and depleted. Take a look at what you’ve eaten during the day and maybe this is why you’re tired so early in the day. Many people who get tired in the afternoon have not eaten breakfast – and I think breakfast is the most important meal of the day! When you eat a powerhouse breakfast full of protein and complex carbohydrates, you can go for a few hours bursting full of exciting energy to get things done, have some fun, get some exercise and still have more than enough energy to get you — UNTIL LUNCH! That’s right, you will have much more sustained energy if you keep eating all through the day – keeping your blood sugar constant, and keeping your energy levels at high level all day.
There are certain foods you can eat that will give you more energy than most -
- Chia seeds
- Low fat dairy products
- Whole grains
- Citrus fruit
- Sweet potatoes
By eating the right foods and not skipping meals (which will pull your energy levels and your eyelids right down to the ground), you will be vibrant and lively all day long. Carry nuts and fruits for a mid-meal pick me up when you can’t sit down and eat a whole and wholesome meal.
And for the most sustained and consistent energy, always remember to keep your body hydrated by drinking lots of pure, clean water or herbal tea.