Apple cider vinegar for Natural Health and Beauty
Every now and then a product comes along that absolutely must be in your natural health and beauty pantry. Apple Cider Vinegar is one of those things. Go out and get some right now if you don’t have it!
For those of you interested in improving your natural beauty, apple cider vinegar has a lot of benefits. For adding shine to dull hair, combine a half a teaspoon of ACV with one cup of cold water and pour it over your hair after shampooing. ACV can neutralize the pH of your hair, detangle it, help eliminate frizz and dandruff!
Apple cider vinegar is full of alpha-hydroxy acids which can tone and revitalize dull skin. Put some ACV on a cotton pad and dab all over your face and see your skin get smooth and glowy. A little bit of ACV on a blemish can work wonders to get rid of them. And ACV can be applied directly to age spots to help lighten them.
For sunburn, pour a cup of ACV into your bath and soak for 10 minutes. Swollen feet will feel refreshed after a soak in apple cider vinegar and water.
See next post: V is for Vinegar – ACV for Natural Health
Vinegar for Natural Health and Beauty
Use Vinegar to:
1. Treat oily hair. Vinegar is a good degreaser for oily hair because it helps adjust pH levels. Shampoo your hair as usual, rinse, then pour 1/4 cup over it and rinse again.
2. Make wool sweaters fluffier. Drop in a couple of capfuls of vinegar during the rinse cycle for an extra-soft feel.
Use Baking Soda to:
Baking Soda for Natural Health
- Exfoliate skin. Wash your face, then apply a soft paste made of three parts baking soda and one part water. Massage gently with a circular motion, avoiding the eye area; rinse clean.
- Deodorize. Dust baking soda under your arms to absorb body odor.
- Settle a stomach during occasional indigestion. Stir 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda into 1/2 cup of water and drink for a safe and effective antacid.
- Control dandruff. Wash your hair with a handful of baking soda to get rid of unwanted dandruff. Rinse and repeat!
ZipLocs for Natural Beauty
Use Zip Loc Bags to:
1. Ice an injury. Fill a bag with ice cubes to create a cold compress
2. Store homemade soup. Fill up bags, then lay them flat in the freezer. When the bags of soup freeze flat, you’ll be able to pile them up like stacked books for easy, space-saving storage.
Use Lemons to:
lemons for natural beauty
- Natural Hair Spray – Boil wedges from one lemon in 2 cups of water, until the liquid has reduced to half. Allow to cool and place in a spray bottle. Spray your hair and it will not only stay in place, but will also smell clean and fresh.
- Exfoliant – Combine Lemon juice with baking soda and use as an exfoliant on elbows or rough feet.
- Lighten age spots. Apply lemon juice directly to the spots for 15 minutes. Then rinse with water. Repeat daily until you lighten that age spot.
- Heartburn relief – Drink a glass of water and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Astringent. Squeeze some lemon juice into a glass jar, and dab some onto your face every morning. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then wash it off with warm water followed by a moisturizer.
- Yellow nails? Scrub them with toothpaste to remove stains and add shine