We naturally beautiful women have got to take care of our natural health and pay attention to problems like belly bulge. But when all else fails (exercise, diet and lots of water), we’ve also got to pay attention to our natural beauty. Got belly bulge – Hide It!
According to Stacy and Clinton of my favorite TV Show, What Not To Wear (http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/what-not-to-wear), there are tricks to making your belly look better:
1. Wear a great, structured jacket which gives you curves.
2. Wear a ruched or banded dress which gives you a waist (yes, emphasize your waist because it’s usually the smallest part of your body!)
3. Get a bra fitting and make sure your breasts are held up high and perky. That gives you more of a separation between the bust and the belly.
4. A deep V-neckline raises the eyes up to your neck and away from your belly, gives you a longer neckline and makes you look longer and leaner.
5. Wear A-line skirts that have more width at the bottom and taper up to the top, making you look tapered too!
And my last bit of advice has to do with the jeans we all love to wear. When you wear jeans, beware of the dreaded Muffin Tops (see previous post – J is for Jeans and Muffin Tops). Jeans that sit too high on the waist or too low on the hips just push that belly fat up and out where everyone can see it – Boooo! But jeans that flatter your figure, even if you have to buy one or two sizes bigger – better bigger than bulging!
Certain types of clothing will help camouflage the fat, like Spanx (http://www.spanx.com/home/index.jsp) or Not Your Daughter’s Jeans (http://www.nydj.com/), and for those of us in warmer climates (or the rest of you who are looking forward to warm weather or dreading the day you have to put on a bathing suit!), MiracleSuits (http://www.miraclesuit.com/).